Deionization is an ion-exchange process for removing ionized constituents from water. The process is performed by passing water through the hydrogen form of a cation-exchange resin and through the hydroxide form of a strong-base anion-exchange resin. The resins need to be regenerated with acid and caustic. To reduce the cost for regeneration for larger systems the water going into the deionizer installation is pretreated with a reversed osmosis unit, which reduces the total salt content with more than 90% and thus reduces the cost for regenerants. After the cation and anion exchangers mixed bed ion exchangers are used to reduce the conductivity even more.
Common applications for deionized water is the use for ultra pure water, which has even higher standards of pollution. In this case rest organics are removed together with all biological components. The best qualities of ultra pure water are used in the microchips industry and in the pharmaceutical industry.
Professional Series TWIN BED DEIONIZER
- Grundfos water feed pump is included
- GE-Aquamatic Pneumatic Control Valves
- P.L.C. control with light indications on a mimic panel
- Resistivety Controller or Conductivity Controller is included.
- Acid and caustic dosing systems.
- Cation and Anion columns with side windows on the tanks.
- Working Temperature: 5°C ~ 45°C
- Working Pressure: 30 ~ 60 PSI
- Feed Water Requirements: TDS below 200ppm / pH 6 ~ 8 /
- Regeneration Chemicals: 28%HCL / 30%NaOH
Flow Rate (M3/HR)
Resin Capacity (Liters)
21 x 62
24 x 72
30 x 72
36 x 72
42 x 72
48 x 72